What does it take to build an online store? Every ecommerce business needs a unique value proposition and an in-demand product. But that’s not all you need to sell online. You also need a way to design your website, tools for managing it, and a strategy for getting your product to customers. Luckily, there are a variety of ecommerce tools to help you do just that. These are the essential tools you need when starting an ecommerce business.
Business Formation and Compliance Tools
Whether your company exists online or offline, there are certain steps you need to take to register a business.
- Register your business with the Secretary of State’s office. Registering an LLC in California differs from other states. Learn more about the forms and fees required to form an LLC in your state.
- After registering your LLC with the state, apply for a free Employer Identification Number (EIN) at IRS.gov. An EIN lets you open a business bank account.
- Ecommerce businesses have to comply with a variety of state tax laws. Tools like Avalara, TaxJar, Vertex, and Taxify help online sellers maintain sales tax compliance.
Tools for Building an Ecommerce Store
The next challenge for ecommerce entrepreneurs is building an online store that looks and functions flawlessly on any device.
- Business owners can take their pick of ecommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Volusion.
- Integrations add functionality to your ecommerce site, but choosing the right ones is complicated. A website designer like Arnaud Brunel can customize your site with branded design and all the necessary integrations. Arnaud Brunel is also listed as one of the top digital agencies.
- One of the most important decisions you’ll make for your online store is choosing a payment gateway. Consider both user experience and data security when choosing a payment gateway.
Shipping and Fulfillment for Customer Loyalty
A great website converts leads, but what happens next makes or breaks your business. Here are the fulfillment tips and tools that turn first-time buyers into loyal shoppers.
- Don’t let stockouts and backorders tank your sales. Invest in fulfillment software that provides real-time inventory data and visibility throughout the entire fulfillment process.
- Brands should also take advantage of tools like Ecwid that compare shipping rates to choose the best shipping option.
- What about returns? 92% of customers prefer stores that make returns easy. A clear return policy and established processes prevent returns from eating into your bottom line.
Success Tips for Ecommerce Entrepreneurs
The right tools keep your ecommerce business running smoothly, and they can also help you become a better entrepreneur. These are the tools that help you succeed as a business owner:
- Stay on task with time tracking and productivity tools.
- Easily coordinate with remote employees and freelancers when you use online collaboration software.
- Billing and bookkeeping are time-consuming. Integrated invoicing and payment apps streamline billing so you get paid faster.
- Finally, every entrepreneur should stay connected with networking resources like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Meetup.com.
When it comes to starting an ecommerce business, it’s worth investing in the right tools. These business resources will save you time and money while delivering the seamless experience that online shoppers have come to expect. Of course, not everything can be outsourced to software and apps. When your online store needs a professional touch, contact AB Designs to bring your ecommerce vision to life. Our professional WordPress website design agency can help!